What is HTML It’s enough to read this article (with mainstream IDE recommendations)
1 Introduction to HTML
1.1 What is HTML
HTML is called Hypertext Markup Language and is a language of identification. It includes a series of labels. Through these tags, the document format on the network can be unified, and the scattered Internet resources can be connected into a logical whole. HTML text is descriptive text composed of HTML commands, which can describe text, graphics, animations, sounds, tables, links, and more.
Hypertext is a way of organizing information by linking words and diagrams in the text with other information media through hyperlinks. These interrelated information media may be in the same text, or may be other files, or files on a computer that is geographically distant. This way of organizing information connects information resources distributed in different locations in a random way, providing convenience for people to find and retrieve information. 
HTML is the acronym for HyperText Mark-up Language, which means hypertext markup language
HTML is not a programming language, it is a markup language
Hypertext refers to hyperlinks, and tags refer to tags. It is a language used to make web pages. This language consists of tags one by one.
A file made in this language is saved as a text file with the extension .html or .htm
An html document is also called a web page, which is actually a web page. When an html file is opened with an editor, it displays text, which can be edited in the form of text.
If it is opened with a browser, the browser will render the file into a web page according to the content of the tag description, and the displayed web page can jump from one web page link to another web page
The file that double-clicks to open the browser to view the web page is html
1.2 HTML version development history:
1.3 Features of HTML
- Simplicity: Hypertext markup language version upgrade adopts superset method, which is more flexible and convenient.
- Extensibility: The wide application of hypertext markup language brings enhanced functions and requirements such as adding identifiers. Hypertext markup language adopts the method of subclass elements to ensure system expansion.
- Platform independence: While personal computers are popular, other machines such as MACs are widely used, and Hypertext Markup Language can be used on a wide range of platforms, which is another reason for the prevalence of the World Wide Web (WWW).
- Versatility: In addition, HTML is the lingua franca of the web, a simple, universal all-in markup language. It allows web creators to build complex pages of text and images that can be viewed by anyone else on the web, no matter what type of computer or browser they are using.
1.4 HTML file format
The setting of the document type of HTML under different versions, that is, the attribute value corresponding to <!Doctype>. (1) HTML, corresponding to the early HTML4.0.1, its basic structure is as follows:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"> <html lang="en"> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8"> <title>Document</title> </head> <body> </body> </html>
XHTML, its basic structure is as follows:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en"> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8"> <title>Document</title> </head> <body> </body> </html>
HTML5, its basic format is as follows
<!doctype html> <html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <meta content="width=device-width, user-scalable=no, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0"> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="ie=edge"> <title>Document</title> </head> <body> </body> </html>
1.5 Common HTML editors
2. Visual Studio Code (abbreviation: Vscode)
The Chinese version of Visual Studio Code is a code editor with GUI launched by Microsoft. The software is very powerful, the interface is simple and clear, the operation is convenient and fast, and the design is very user-friendly. The software mainly improves the document view, improves the support for Markdown, and adds PHP syntax highlighting.
Sublime Text is a text editor (paid software, you can try it indefinitely, but there will be an activation prompt popup), and it is also an advanced code editor. Sublime Text was developed by programmer Jon Skinner in January 2008, and it was originally designed to be a rich extension of Vim.
Sublime Text has a beautiful user interface and powerful features such as code thumbnails, plugins for Python, code snippets, and more. Also customize key bindings, menus and toolbars. Key features of Sublime Text include: spell checking, bookmarks, full Python API, Goto functionality, instant item switching, multiple selection, multiple windows, and more. Sublime Text is a cross-platform editor that supports Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and other operating systems.
- VsCode has high appearance and is completely free
- Sublime Text is beautiful and small for beginners
- webStrom is suitable for enterprise-level development, with slightly higher memory requirements
- I have used both VsCode and Sublime. If you want to devote yourself to learning, you can type every line of code yourself. Choose Sublime. If you want to fly quickly, VsCodem is suitable for you.